Leatt DBX 3.0 Enduro Helmet is Finally Here
27 September 2017 | By Noxy
From uphill to downhill in just two clicks – the Leatt convertible helmet is now being delivered to distributors worldwide
The inventors of the Leatt-Brace® announced the launch of their Enduro helmet with detachable chin bar for the first time at Eurobike 2016. Now it has arrived in the USA, EU, and Asia. Time to take a closer look.
- Detachable chin bar
- Lightweight: from 700 grams with and 375 grams without the chin bar
- 360° Turbine Technology: reducing rotational acceleration and concussion risk
- Certified and tested to EN1078 and CPSC 1203
- Well-ventilated with 18 vent holes in the half shell and five in the chin bar
- Fidlock magnetic buckle for ease of use
- Retailing for 259,-€ // £189,- // US$239,99
Change from a full-face to half-shell helmet within seconds, due to a clever quick-release system using two metal hooks and levers.
Please view Aaron Chase’s unboxing video:
The DBX 3.0 Enduro helmet incorporates the same unique 360° Turbine Technology their DH full-face helmet is known for.
Overall ten turbines are strategically placed inside the helmet between the EPS and the rider’s head. Made of a 3D molded energy-absorbing material, these turbines stiffen upon impact to provide protection.
They do this by absorbing both low speed and rotational impact forces during a fall.
This technology reduces up to 30% of head impact at concussion level and up to 40% of rotational acceleration to the head and brain.
The Leatt DBX 3.0 Enduro Helmet will be available:
- in four different colorways and
- three sizes – S (51-55cm), M (55-59cm) and L (59-63cm)
- from next week
More info about the helmet can be found on a dedicated microsite here: leatt.com/enduro2018/