Trash Free Trails and Trek team up for nationwide trail centre clear-up27 March 2019 | By billy1979
Trash Free Trails are teaming up with Trek Bicycles for the first ever, nationwide, trail clean-up activation in a bid to reduce litter on the UK’s trails and wild places by 75% by 2025!
We are now calling for ALL trail lovers to join us at 8 of our best loved mountain biking and trail running venues in the UK to take positive action to tackle litter on their trails this April 13th - 21st*
Beginning with a bang at the iconic BikePark Wales venue, we will launch our epic road-trip with a unique mix of #TRASHMOB trail clean-ups, rubbish rides, plastic pollution education activities, comedy consultation games and honest and open conversations with mountain bikers about the ever increasing amounts of litter on our trails!
The eight Spring Trail Clean Tour locations represent a cross-section of purpose built mountain bike facilities used by hundreds of thousands of mountain bikers, of all ages and abilities, each year. So, instead of just bagging and binning the trash they remove, trail clean volunteers will be separating and tallying what they find to produce the first ever ‘State of the Trails - Litter Report’.
"Join us in taking action this spring and help us take a huge step towards cleaner, greener trails” - Dom, Ben & Ellie - Trash Free Trails.
SPRING TRAIL CLEAN TOUR STOPS
With trail cleans taking place from Bristol to the Scottish Borders there’s sure to be an event near you.
- SOUTH WALES - BIKEPARK WALES + SIZED LAUNCH EVENT – 13TH APRIL @ 11AM - 2PM
- BRISTOL - LEIGH WOODS – 14TH APRIL @ 5PM - 8PM
- NORTH WALES – COED – Y – BRENIN – 15TH APRIL @ 11AM - 2PM
- NORTH WALES – COED LLANDEGLA – 17TH APRIL @ 5PM - 8PM
- SHEFFIELD – LADY CANNINGS – 18TH APRIL @ 5PM - 8PM
- NORTH YORKSHIRE – DALBY FOREST – 20TH APRIL @ 11AM - 2PM
- LAKE DISTRICT – GRIZEDALE FOREST – 21ST APRIL @ 11AM - 2PM
- SCOTTISH BORDERS – INNERLEITHEN, TRANSCEND - TWEEDLOVE FESTIVAL – 9TH JUNE*
For more info or to sign up, head to the site below and get involved: www.trashfreetrails.org