The British Downhill Series Needs You!!
8 August 2017 | By billy1979
After a sell out and very successful first three rounds of the National Downhill Series the organisers had the unique situation where they had to cancel the fourth round due to lack of entries! The next round will go ahead but we still need riders to enter.
Entries available for all categories of the HSBC UK I National Downhill Series Presented by GT Bicycles Round 4 at Llangollen on the 19th and 20th of August. Please note you do not need a Race Licence if you are entering either the ‘Open’ category or either of the two ‘Trail Bike’ Categories: 19-29 years or the 30 plus category.
They will be using either the Squirrel Track or the new track as designed and built by Brian Mundy from Ride Portugal. Join Danny Hart for a run down the new track and check out some of the photos below!
- Quick Uplift using bike specific trailers.
- Practice all day Saturday 09:30 to 18:00 and Sunday morning 08:30 to 11:00.
- Seeding and a Race Run from 11:15 onwards.
- Free Race Support from Shimano, Crank Brothers, Hope Technology and Sprung Suspension.
- WD40 Bike Wash, Air Hoses and Lube Station.
- Free Race Photos for you to download courtesy of Monster Energy.
- Free Camping and Parking for Racers.
- Kids Strider Racing!
- Onsite Retailer Mitchell Cycles.
- Live Timing including Splits and Speed Trap.
- Live Commentator.
- Onsite Caterer with Bar!
To race enter via the British Cycling website, link is below.
For those with a BC Race Licence and Membership you can enter your age category (no points are required).
No licence or membership? You can enter the 'Open Category'.
-Spectator friendly venue, also note dogs are allowed (On a lead please).