Malverns Classic Announces Details for 2019 Festival
6 December 2018 | By billy1979
The UK's biggest mountain bike festival returns to the stunning location of Eastnor Deer Park on the 14th to 16th of June 2019 for the GT Bicycles Malverns Classic.
Prepare yourself for the biggest party in British mountain biking. A packed weekend of challenging and exciting events including flat-out racing for riders of all ages and abilities, racing and having fun in a chilled out friendly atmosphere.
- Dual Slalom is the purest and most crowd-pleasing form of head to head mountain bike racing where the rivalry is the name of the game. We pit two racers against each other to do battle, with one aim, to beat the other competitor to the finish line! The two competitors race head-to-head down two similar but separate courses. Following a qualification round, riders race against each other in an elimination format (heats) to determine the winner. A BMX style start gate will fire the riders down the natural and flowing course on Friday evening.
- Funnduro/Enduro. Taking in three short course stages on Saturday, this will be the perfect introduction for those wishing to enter their first enduro event as the courses are classed as entry level. We will be utilising the popular ‘Mashup’ Format that allows you to be timed on each stage as many times as you can manage within the six-hour period. Your fastest logged time from each stage counts. With no fixed start times, this allows you to ride and race with your friends.
- Cannondale Quad Eliminator. The pre-runner to 4x. Four riders on the BMX start gate, elbows out and go! This is action-packed head to head racing down the Malverns downhill course. Riders will fire out of the four-man start gate at the same time, battling elbows high into the first corner. The course will be fast and flowing with plenty of passing places for the skilled and the brave.
- TRP 'Lake Ride' returns to the 2019 Malverns Classic to make an even bigger splash in the name of fun. With a new “dual” twin lane format, riders will go head-to-head on two parallel running tracks with built-in obstacles. In a test of fearless balance, they will test their skill to negotiate the 50cm wide pontoon track, over humps and rises whilst racing a fellow competitor 150m across the lake to a baying crowd. First across goes through to the next round in a knock out format. If both riders fall in the lake, the one who progressed the furthest will go through to the next round.
- Strider Racing each day for 100x lucky riders to race Dual Slalom on Saturday and Downhill on Sunday. Make sure you come and cheer on the stars of tomorrow as they race their little socks off. The Strider Kids Zone will be packed with riding obstacles and we will have free coaching sessions available, again all for FREE!
- Stans No Tubes / Goodyear Cross Country. Tackle the iconic Malverns XC course which is a real roller coaster as you take on multiple laps, trying to tame the Obelisk Climb and fast flowing descents with breathtaking views. Make sure you have a good set of legs for the 'Assos Climb' as each rider will be timed with the chance to win Assos apparel.
- Schwalbe Tyres Downhill - Downhill mountain bike racing is the Formula 1 of the sport. Riders will race the clock as they set off down the legendary course that will see plenty of high-speed action with all the thrills and spills. Please note the hill is the same size as it was 20 years ago. You are more than welcome to race on any mountain bike that you so choose as the course is rated as entry level.
- All the courses are open for riding when not being used for practice or racing, so get your helmet on and up the hill with your friends and have a blast.
- The demo fleet that will be available is already the largest assembly of brands at an event to date with OVER 40 brands booked on. The real beauty of the demo is that all the courses are open to ride when not being used for practice or racing.
We also have over 100x trade stands both retailing and displaying. Speak to the experts face to face in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- The 'World Cup' layout Fabric Pump Track is three times the size of this year's track and will again be floodlit for some night time berm slaying and race action. Will, you beat the Pro's times?
- Spank Air Bag. Open on both Saturday and Sunday and free to ride. There is no excuse now to get those backflips, tuck no handers and 360's dialled in.
- WD40 retro Show and Shine. Old Skool Collectors Alert! Entry is open to all bikes manufactured on or before 1999 and will be free to enter. Just turn up on Sunday morning in the main finish arena in front of the marquee with your pride and joy. The ‘Best in Show’ bike will receive the prized title and the prize money of a mouth-watering £1,000 cash!
- It's not the Malverns without legendary Jez Avery! With two shows a day, Jez will keep you on the edge of your seats as he performs, on four wheels, two wheels and even one wheel, thrilling the crowds.
- Lezyne Exploder. Have you got guns like Popeye and want to win some top prizes from Lezyne? Then go head to head with another competitor to blow up an inner tube using a Lezyne track pump in this free to enter the competition. The time gets logged and the fastest competitor that session wins BIG!
- Dodgems. Open throughout the weekend and free to ride!
- Children aged 12 and under go free at the Malverns Classic. Bouncy Castle Slide, Trampolines and the Merry-Go-Rounds are also free to use and will be open all weekend.
A large outdoor stage along with the big marquee booked in with a fully licenced bar. Cover bands playing all of your favourite songs each evening then it's time to 'Reach for the lasers, reach for the sky' as we turn the volume up as we present 'Heritage Nights' playing all the best House and Rave tunes on the wheels of steel. Public Warning, it's going to go off the Richter Scale on Saturday night!
Several Street Food style catering vendors have already been sourced along with two Barista Style Coffee outlets.
For more information about the festival, please visit the Malverns Classic website: https://www.malvernsclassic.com
14-16th of June 2019 / Eastnor Deer Park, Ledbury, Herefordshire. HR8 1EN.
Early bird tickets are now on sale and start at just £10.00 for a day ticket, or £30.00 for the weekend which includes camping.
To book your tickets please visit the Ticket Seller Website: https://ww2.theticketsellers.co.uk
Children aged 12 and under come in for free, no ticket required.
GT Bicycles Malverns Classic 2019
After a successful return in 2018, the GT Bicycles Malverns Classic is back again for 2019 taking place over the weekend of the 14th-16th June at Eastnor Deer Park.