GT Bicycles Malverns Classic Festival
27 March 2018 | By billy1979
The GT Bicycles Malverns Classic Festival returns to Eastnor Deer Park after a 20 year break.
The dates to mark in your diary are the 15th to the 17th of June. A packed weekend of challenging and exciting events is scheduled that will see riders of all ages and abilities race and having fun in a chilled out family atmosphere.
- Live Bands and DJ's.
- Onsite Catering and Licenced Bar.
- Large marquees on site, we will ensure good times whatever the weather.
- Spawn Cycles Kids Zone - Qualified Coaches and Skills Area.
- For the little ones – Fun Races, Cycling Ability Courses, Face Painting, Bouncy Castles and a Pump Track.
- Muc-Off Pump Track - Racing and Open Sessions for all.
- The WD40 Retro Show and Shine – £1,000 in cash for the 'Best in Show' retro bike.
- The National Demo Long Weekender – Over 30x bike brands to try before you buy.
- Expo Village – Over 50 stands both retailing and displaying all the latest kit.
- TRP Lake Ride – Armbands are compulsory as you will be trying to ride the skinny planks across the lake!
- Jez Avery Stunt Show – Now it wouldn't be the Malverns without Jez Avery! Jez will be up to his old tricks as well as new ones, showboating for you, entertaining both young and old with his stunt show.
- The Ultimate/Exposure Pub Quiz.
- Wi-Fi - Free for all to use.
- Security and Medics – Onsite 24 hour.
- Serviced Toilets and Showers.
- Parking and Camping onsite.
Bring Your Bike. Eastnor Deer Park is a beautiful venue and we openly encourage you to go for ride outs. The courses when not in use for either practice or racing will be open for you to ride. For example, once the Dual Slalom event finishes on the Friday evening, we will re-open it from Saturday morning onwards and man the courses with marshals and medics, for you to ride at no additional cost.
Racing: Take your pick of what you fancy entering whether you are a seasoned racer or a newbie first timer to the start gate. Entries are selling fast with the downhill and the enduro already selling out so be quick and enter HERE.
- GT Bicycles Dual Slalom – Friday afternoon/evening – Entries Available.
- Cannondale Cross Country – Saturday – Entries Available.
- Funn Enduro (Funnduro) – Saturday Morning – Sold Out.
- fabric Quad Eliminator – Saturday afternoon – Entries Available.
- Schwalbe Classic Downhill – Sunday – Sold Out.
Admission Pricing: Everyone aged 13 or above that is entering the festival will need to purchase an admission ticket by clicking HERE.
- All spectators (12 and under, no charge).
- £30.00 for a weekend pass covers Parking, Camping and Festival Admission.
- £10.00 for a day pass covers Parking and Festival Admission.
The address: Eastnor Deer Park, Ledbury, Herefordshire. HR8 1RL.
To keep up to date on the event, click on the Malverns Classic Facebook Page.
Pictures by Geoff Waugh.
GT Bicycles Malverns Classic
After almost a 20 year break, 2018 will see the return to the iconic venue that is Eastnor Deer Park in Malvern for what is tipped as the largest and most diverse MTB festival of the year.