Entries are now open for the 2020 Ashcombe Mini Downhill!
8 January 2020 | By billy1979
Back for 2020! After the success of the 2019 Ashcombe Mini Downhill, we are back for more racing action in the South West on April 26th.
Same format as last year, all about having fun and racing bikes on a short but sweet course. Designed with more of an old-school natural vibe, expect lots of off-cambers, ruts and plenty of roots. Oh, and don't forget the loam. The course will be similar to last year but with a slightly extended bottom section, to push the fastest time over the minute mark.
Race Day Schedule:
- Sign-on open: 8am-9.30am.
- Course open for foot inspection: 8am-9am.
- Open practice: 9am-11.45am (you must complete 2 full practice runs).
- 2 race runs: 12.30pm-4pm (roughly).
- Podiums and prize giving: 20 minutes after final rider finishes.
All the normal British Cycling age categories apply, please remember that you must enter in the age group of the year of your birthday. For example, if you are 15 in July but the race is in May, you must enter the Youth 15-16 age category, not Juvenile 13-14. Any questions on which category to enter, feel free to email us.
Racing will be based on two race runs with your fastest counting, our timing will be provided by the super reliable team behind the Gawton races. We will have live results on-screen at the top and bottom of the course.
All podium finishers will receive custom made trophies and prizes from our event sponsors.
- We have two fully qualified First Responders booked, alongside a medical base to keep you guys safe.
- Toilet facilities for male and female provided on-site.
- Onsite caterers for coffee, food etc...
- Super easy access only 30 seconds off the A380.
Ashcombe Mini Downhill 2020
Back for 2020! After the success of the 2019 Ashcombe Mini Downhill we are back for more racing action in the South West on April 26th.