MoreDirt
CRC Easter CompetitionAdvertise Here

high or low bars on dh?

Discuss mountain biking and whatever
4 postsPage 1 of 1

Postby dizzy_rocker
Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:26 pm

What is best to have on a dh bike high bars or low bars I have a bmx stem on the bike with dmr wingbars witch are 2 and half inch rise and my mate says that low bars are better but he amity got a dh bike I just need some advise from some experts :p
dizzy_rocker offline

Postby bagedntageed
Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:11 pm

it all depends on whats comfortable for you.
i like a medium to low rise, and one mate likes a high rise and another can't see past flat bars.
the lower the bar the more weight you have over the front of the bike, same as a wide bar (though wide bars also help get rid of a twitchy feeling front end). and the higher the bar the more weight you have over the rear of the bike.
if you can, try different rises untill you find the one that suits the way you ride best. you may have to ask mates for a borrow, or if you get on well with your lbs they may let you try some bars for a quick ride in the car park.
bagedntageed offline

Postby dizzy_rocker
Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Thanks for the advise I have really wide bars any way coz i extends them to 34 inch wide but I ask around :)
dizzy_rocker offline

Postby nojzilla
Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:43 pm

one tip is to run a long steerer tube with a lot of headset spacers so you can adjust the stem height to siute steepness,
i got low rise (19mm) bars but, about 1/2 inch adjustment on the steerer tube/stem height, the steeper the track the higher my stem
nojzilla offline

Advertise Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1