MoreDirt
Advertise Here

full face helmets

Where the trails and hops are
20 postsPage 1 of 21, 2

Postby acb43
Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:21 pm

after having a fall and cutting my face on a recent trip to Scotland, i'm thinking of investing in a full face helmet. what i would like to know is are full face suitable for XC or will my head get to sweaty? please help :?
acb43 offline
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Postby speppy2316
Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:41 pm

then you are in luck my friend as URGE is your answer take a look
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=69335
enjoy
speppy2316 offline
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 5:24 pm

Postby dark_one
Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:26 pm

acb43 wrote:after having a fall and cutting my face on a recent trip to Scotland, i'm thinking of investing in a full face helmet. what i would like to know is are full face suitable for XC or will my head get to sweaty? please help :?


i have to disagree with seppy sorry dude :P
but i think this would be better for his needs
Image
[/img]
dark_one offline
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Postby pigman65
Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:41 pm

The Met helmet is a compromise between full face and open face and compromises don't work.
Don't know about the Urge but i sweat plenty in a open face ,i would n't fancy doing xc in one.
Don't land on your head is the best bet !
pigman65 offline
Posts: 1347
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:08 am

Postby dark_one
Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:50 pm

Tbh i dont wear a helmet unless im bombing down trails/downhill
normal day to day use when i ride the footpaths..jog on its only illegal to numptys XD
dark_one offline
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Postby speppy2316
Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:03 am

dark_one wrote:
acb43 wrote:after having a fall and cutting my face on a recent trip to Scotland, i'm thinking of investing in a full face helmet. what i would like to know is are full face suitable for XC or will my head get to sweaty? please help :?


i have to disagree with seppy sorry dude :P
but i think this would be better for his needs
Image
[/img]


lol i forgot about that one, cheers dude :D
speppy2316 offline
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 5:24 pm

Postby vengeance111
Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:32 pm

dark_one wrote:Tbh i dont wear a helmet unless im bombing down trails/downhill
normal day to day use when i ride the footpaths..jog on its only illegal to numptys XD


obviously your not a real biker if you dont wear a helmet
vengeance111 offline
Posts: 809
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Postby dark_one
Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:38 pm

vengeance111 wrote:
dark_one wrote:Tbh i dont wear a helmet unless im bombing down trails/downhill
normal day to day use when i ride the footpaths..jog on its only illegal to numptys XD


obviously your not a real biker if you dont wear a helmet


hmm yes because it states in my post that I DONT WEAR A HELMET at all..right sure what ever you say

now how about re-reading it and then shutting the fuck up ;)

kkthxbai
dark_one offline
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Postby tomwilky2009
Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:11 pm

dark_one wrote:
vengeance111 wrote:
dark_one wrote:Tbh i dont wear a helmet unless im bombing down trails/downhill
normal day to day use when i ride the footpaths..jog on its only illegal to numptys XD


obviously your not a real biker if you dont wear a helmet


hmm yes because it states in my post that I DONT WEAR A HELMET at all..right sure what ever you say

now how about re-reading it and then shutting the fuck up ;)

kkthxbai


There's no real need for the use of language in a case like this. To be fair I did understand what you meant though. You might be a real biker but with grammar like that you're also a real retard.

Try riding that bike back to school.
tomwilky2009 offline
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Postby dark_one
Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:41 pm

tomwilky2009 wrote:
dark_one wrote:
vengeance111 wrote:
dark_one wrote:Tbh i dont wear a helmet unless im bombing down trails/downhill
normal day to day use when i ride the footpaths..jog on its only illegal to numptys XD


obviously your not a real biker if you dont wear a helmet


hmm yes because it states in my post that I DONT WEAR A HELMET at all..right sure what ever you say

now how about re-reading it and then shutting the fuck up ;)

kkthxbai


There's no real need for the use of language in a case like this. To be fair I did understand what you meant though. You might be a real biker but with grammar like that you're also a real retard.

Try riding that bike back to school.


gtfo silly grammar nazi
just because you failed at proving your point
you bring how i type into it
now please get your head from out your own arse
& i'll get back to riding how i like to ride

:roll:
dark_one offline
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Postby vengeance111
Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Im not saying your breaking the law, im saying if you did some proper mountain biking you would change your mind about wearing a helmet very quick, riding down the towpath down a hill doesn't count as a downhill track ;)
vengeance111 offline
Posts: 809
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Postby bmxjase
Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:40 pm

dark_one wrote:
tomwilky2009 wrote:
dark_one wrote:
vengeance111 wrote:
dark_one wrote:Tbh i dont wear a helmet unless im bombing down trails/downhill
normal day to day use when i ride the footpaths..jog on its only illegal to numptys XD


obviously your not a real biker if you dont wear a helmet


hmm yes because it states in my post that I DONT WEAR A HELMET at all..right sure what ever you say

now how about re-reading it and then shutting the fuck up ;)

kkthxbai


There's no real need for the use of language in a case like this. To be fair I did understand what you meant though. You might be a real biker but with grammar like that you're also a real retard.

Try riding that bike back to school.


gtfo silly grammar nazi
just because you failed at proving your point
you bring how i type into it
now please get your head from out your own arse
& i'll get back to riding how i like to ride

:roll:








Do not Feed the Troll :(
bmxjase offline
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Postby dark_one
Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:04 pm

bmxjase wrote:
dark_one wrote:
tomwilky2009 wrote:
dark_one wrote:
vengeance111 wrote:
dark_one wrote:Tbh i dont wear a helmet unless im bombing down trails/downhill
normal day to day use when i ride the footpaths..jog on its only illegal to numptys XD


obviously your not a real biker if you dont wear a helmet


hmm yes because it states in my post that I DONT WEAR A HELMET at all..right sure what ever you say

now how about re-reading it and then shutting the fuck up ;)

kkthxbai


There's no real need for the use of language in a case like this. To be fair I did understand what you meant though. You might be a real biker but with grammar like that you're also a real retard.

Try riding that bike back to school.


gtfo silly grammar nazi
just because you failed at proving your point
you bring how i type into it
now please get your head from out your own arse
& i'll get back to riding how i like to ride

:roll:








Do not Feed the Troll :(


i've said all i need to say
no more troll baiting tonight
dark_one offline
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Postby pigman65
Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:52 pm

vengeance111 wrote:
dark_one wrote:Tbh i dont wear a helmet unless im bombing down trails/downhill
normal day to day use when i ride the footpaths..jog on its only illegal to numptys XD


obviously your not a real biker if you dont wear a helmet


How do you come to this conclusion ??

Most people on a quick jaunt don't wear helmets,
most old 'uns don't wear helmets,
most bmx riders don't wear helmets,
Hells Angels don't wear helmets,
Trolls don't wear helmets because their heads are too big...
pigman65 offline
Posts: 1347
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:08 am

Postby dark_one
Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:04 pm

pigman65 wrote:
vengeance111 wrote:
dark_one wrote:Tbh i dont wear a helmet unless im bombing down trails/downhill
normal day to day use when i ride the footpaths..jog on its only illegal to numptys XD


obviously your not a real biker if you dont wear a helmet


How do you come to this conclusion ??

Most people on a quick jaunt don't wear helmets,
most old 'uns don't wear helmets,
most bmx riders don't wear helmets,
Hells Angels don't wear helmets,
Trolls don't wear helmets because their heads are too big...


+1
dark_one offline
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Advertise Here
Next
20 posts
Page 1 of 21, 2
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Discussions
Advertise Here
More Dirt Shop Deals

Now £24.99

RRP: £24.99

Buy Now

Now £8.99

RRP: £8.99

Buy Now
MTB Holidays - AustriaAdvertise Here
Advertise Here
Connect With Us
cron