MoreDirt
Advertise Here

2006 Giant Trance 2 with loads of top quality components

Sell your mountain bikes and parts here!
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Postby Dimmadan
Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:12 pm

For Sale is my 2006 Giant Trance 2 in fantastic condition and has is a top specification bike with some fantastic equipment fitted.

I have owned this bike from new and it has been the love of my XC riding life until I recently started racing and it has been left in the garage stored safely and dry.

The bike has been well ridden but has been well cared for, serviced regularly and has never been put away wet. (Sometimes it took longer to clean than the ride took).

As with any bike that has been ridden, there are some cosmetic marks, but the frame has been protected with rub strips and lizard skin chain stay. There are no dents in the frame and only a few small paint chips that could be black markered over. One on the down tube caused by a small stone being caught under the crud catcher mount and a few on the rear triangle down tube from where the chain has hit it. (Please ask if you want close up photos)

The frame has been fitted with brand new bearings on the rear pivot (All eight) at a cost of £90 and also had a new XT Hollowtech bottom bracket fitted (£40).

The bike originally came with DT Swiss Cerit hubs but these didn’t last long so the bike will come fitted with an almost new (3 miles ridden) set of Mavic XM117 rims with Deore hubs and also a brand new Deore rear mech. There is also a brand new Deore chain fitted.

I have also recently changed the bars and stem to Raceface Deus (31.8mm) to give a little added front end stiffness. The new stem is 70mm but can provide a 110mm Raceface Prodigy if required.

I also changed the shifters from LX to XT in 2008 and also added a XT 2008 rear mech at the same time along with a pair of Steve Peat Lizard Skins lock on grips.

The brakes have recently been bled and new pads have been fitted front and back. And the headset has been removed degreased and re-greased and is running smooth.

As I said, the bike has been well looked after and the gears have been indexed to allow for the new cassette.

So all in this is a great bike and has had a vast amount of money spent on it so it has a brand new feel for the new owner.

I will also include in the sale 2 new pairs of brake pads and also all of the manuals that came with the bike.

Please email me at dimmasaxo@hotmail.com if you are interested and want photos.

Looking for offers over £750 and can post in a bike box for £35 via Fedex.

Spec

Sizes Medium 17.5"
Frame: 6013 Aluxx SL Fluid Formed 4.2" Travel
Rear Shock: Fox Float R
Fork: RockShox REBA SL 100mm
Headset: FSA
Chainset: Race Face Evolve XC X Type
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT Hollotech II (Brand New)
Front Mech: Shimano XT
Rear Mech: Shimano XT
Shifters Shimano: XT 27 speed
Rims: Mavic XM 117 (Nearly New)
Hubs: Deore M475 (Brand New)
Cassette: Deore (Brand New)
Chain: Deore HG53 (Brand New)
Tyres: Kenda Nevegal 2.1
Brakes: Hayes HFX-9 XC Brake Levers Hayes
Handle: Bar Race Face Deus low rise
Stem: Race Face Deus 70mm
Saddle: WTB Rocket V