MoreDirt
Advertise Here

Finally new section finished at Hamsterley.

6 postsPage 1 of 1

Postby mega_waster
Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Hey my fellowNorth Eastern mtb addicts.

Thought you might like to know the Hamsterley trail builders have finished the sectoin they've been working on down from the Transmission secion. It's fast and bermy red grade with swoopy grin filled madness. Go ride and enjoy!

Transmission is the fantastic descent down from the radio mast building. Transmission leads to fast flat-ish section called Accelerator. Exit that and you'll see the entrance to the new section. They done a great job.

Section 13 up by the DH park is wrecked at the moment. Trail surface needs time to dry out. Avoid it.
mega_waster offline

Postby Freddiesays
Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Oh, yes! Must get down there sometime soon, especially with the weather perking up :D
Freddiesays offline

Postby stretchie
Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:48 pm

I didn't think section 13 was that screwed only the start a bit muddy last week. Has it got worse? I was going to go today but the weathers turned hopefully get there some time this week. Are there plans for anymore sections?
stretchie offline

Postby AC
Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:10 pm

I was down Hamsterley last weekend and found the new red bit on the end of Transmission by accident. Smiles all round and enough to keep you on your toes.

It's been linked together really well, nice fast and flowy section followed by the new technical bermy bit. :D

Big improvement to that section as last yeah it was just a muddy swamp with a muddy hill at the end.

Good work by the Hamsterley trail builders.
AC offline

Postby mega_waster
Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Trail building has resumed. Looks like they plan to take this section of the red trail right down to the valley bottom.

If anyone is thinking it's a good idea to ride the last bits before they're ready; please don't do it. Riding the unfinished surface makes a reall mess of it for the guys who are building it.

Once again, hats off to the Hamsterley Trail Blazers and their fantastic work.
mega_waster offline

Postby Freddiesays
Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:23 pm

I won't be getting down there for a while, with exams coming up, not that I'd ride something unfinished anyway but good heads up about not doing it :D
Freddiesays offline

Advertise Here
6 posts
Page 1 of 1